Last visit was:

It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:15 am

Reflections

Kick back, relax, and chat about anything you want.

Reflections

Postby Carina Rei » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:54 am

A few days ago I saw an informative poster about a preparatory course for exams 1 and 2 Dan Aikikai Spain of Aikido in Tenerife. This led me to the following reflections.

It is clear that each club or group of Aikido bring their own teachers, who are the "only" that can examine either by the Federation "sparing" having to travel to the mainland, or the Aikikai "saving us" a trip to France or Japan. It is also logical that if you train in a dojo, when the time comes for you to be examined, you'll do it by the Sensei indicated by your teacher, for whom the group to which you belong, pay the travel, accommodation and food, plus the cache requested by degree and fame. I think we do not need to be told that this Sensei is the only one who can examine us, and we understand that the group or club makes a great effort to bring certain Shihan or Sensei and another very important reason is that we have been prepared for the exam with him. Since Aikido is a martial art which is trained differently in each dojo. I do not believe that anyone who trains with us would ever present himself to an examination convened by another group, without knowing what that group will ask.

It's a pity that there are so many different groups in our small islands and that each group brings its own Sensei, either from the peninsula, the neighboring island or abroad. If we united all maybe we could bring in the future a Shihan as dear and internationally known as Christian Tissier Shihan, I'm sure that whoever would invite him, all of us would participate in the course as well sharing expenses. Even if it is published ahead of time, so that his followers have time to plan their vacation, they would take the opportunity to come from both the mainland and the rest of Europe.

The islands are very attractive for Senseis who come from northern Europe or the Peninsula, I had an experience in a chat on Facebook with a Swiss Shihan, student of a direct student of the Founder, I don't know how it happened, but his followers offered me immediately that the above Shihan was willing to come, I had to quickly cut the direction of the chat, saying that I would not organize any course, I just train.

Another thought that came to my mind is a course that I saw advertised in a forum to be held in Germany this week for 4 days on internal power, the teacher who will give it is internationally known, but reading what he writes in the forum I would not pay 150 Euros for that person to instruct me, maybe I'm wrong and he is a great teacher, but if writing in the forum someone has to advice him constantly to be respectful, I doubt it.

Well these are some things I've been thinking lately, mental training, because this month I'm doing a rest, taking advantage of the arrival of my youngest son for Easter and because lately in the dojo we could not breathe upon entering. I think that an etiquette and a mandatory cleaning are necessary, you can not enter a tatami after thirty people having made Muay Thai, leaving their sweat and perfume in it. In the Hombu Dojo we cleaned after Aikido class. I think paying the fee they ask us, we have the right to a clean mat.

Carina

Puedes leer este artículo en español aquí
http://entrenandoaikido.com/algunas-reflexiones/?preview=true

Bitte lese diesen Artikel hier auf Deutsch
http://wirtrainierenaikido.com/einige-ueberlegungen/?preview=true
Carina Rei

Re: Reflections

Postby Francis Takahashi » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:17 pm

The late, great Eleanor Roosevelt was credited with saying that "No one cannot be disrespected by another without first giving permission." It is indeed a shame and a travesty for politics and greed to sully and denigrate the Founder's message of generosity and kindness. Those who enforce economic and politically based sanctions on well intentioned practitioners of Aikido are merely false prophets, and not worthy of being honored or obeyed. "Vote with your feet" is the advice we Americans often advise those who feel trapped in untenable and grossly unfair circumstances.

I see nothing to stop any group of sincere Aikidoka from forming an independent entity, to then invite an authorized representative of Aikikai Foundation to conduct examinations for them. I am sure that no national or local laws would interfere, nor should Aikikai Foundation object if proper procedures are followed. Feel free to contact Christian Tissier Shihan for advice on the matter, and let him know that I advised you to do so.

Best wishes on finding a fair resolution to your obstacles preventing fair treatment.
Francis Takahashi

Re: Reflections

Postby Carina Rei » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:50 am

Thank you for your kind support and advice Takahashi Shihan.
I hope in a near future we can get united and so together invite a great Shihan like Tissier Shihan.
Carina Rei

Return to Open Topics