Last visit was:

It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:26 am

Some reflections

Kick back, relax, and chat about anything you want.

Some reflections

Postby Carina Rei » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:21 am

When I cannot remember, Where will my memory go? One thing is the
memory and another thing is to remember.

Antonio Machado Ruiz

Such a one has been a miracle to the world, in whom neither his wife nor servant has ever seen anything so much as remarkable
Michel de Montaigne

It is easy to be admired when one remains inaccessible.
André Maurois

I wonder why suddenly, out of nowhere, without speaking of it, it comes memories of your youth, memories that you had not thought for many years, that one day in the morning encourage you to look for those people from whom you did not know anything in all these years, to know if they are still in this world, if they are doing well, how have been their lives. To find someone whom you have not seen in thirty years, something impossible a few years ago without the expenditure of a lot of money for a researcher, however using today's network it is relatively easy, there are many pages like those of graduates of different schools and many social media where you can find anybody, if you have his name and the area where to look, always in the case of that person uses internet, if it is a very old person, everything changes and it would be more difficult, although if you know his family, it is not impossible.

I've been thinking a lot lately about why a person may disappear completely without communicating with his friends, in this case a person whom I only know online, but his close friends asked me if I knew anything. His very concerned friends have assured me that these types of disappearances are frequently. By chance another person has found out that the "disappeared" remains very close and my question is, what is better not to know absolutely nothing of a disappeared, or to know that he is near but just for some reason prefers not to show signs of life. For me it is enough to know that he is well, I suppose it is the same for his friends.

Another thought is the case of those who for various reasons such as loneliness (I think it is one of the greatest reasons), become fans of any public person who has died in a tragic form and too young and they come to worship him in a way that they are seeking full details of his biography, photos, videos, etc., and logically their admiration increasingly becomes greater, to the point that they idolize him and if they could, they would appoint him holy. Why do they admire that person? Because they believe that this admired person is as they would like to be or that person has done things they wanted to have done? I do not know if in psychology there is a name for this kind of admiration for an unknown death. But I found out that it is not an uncommon phenomenon. Of course, the admired person not being in this world, will not do anything wrong towards their fans, so that their admiration diminishes or disappears, instead everything he has done is magnificent, I wonder if it is enough for oneself to feel admiration for a person who is no longer alive, who will not recognize it, nor can return the feelings. Is it not better to redirect this admiration to a relative or friend, or distribute it between children and grandchildren or other close people? Surely some of them can return at least a small part of this feeling, thanks to the phenomenon of reflection: treating close people like you want to be treated, take an interest in them, in what they do, like you're interested in those you admire having deceased, they were also human and therefore surely were not perfect.

The case of O Sensei, founder of Aikido, of course it is another thing, he was a wonderful person very ahead of his time and we owe him all our admiration, respect and appreciation for the legacy he has left us.

Carina

Puedes leer esta artículo en español en Entrenando Aikido
http://entrenandoaikido.com/?p=22288&preview=true

Bitte lese diesen Artikel in Wir trainieren Aikido auf Deutsch
http://wirtrainierenaikido.com/?p=22163&preview=true
Carina Rei

Re: Some reflections

Postby Francis Takahashi » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:56 am

Indeed, reflecting on key moments, individuals and special awakenings experienced on a timely basis, can be called a very human trait found everywhere. What actually triggers such flashbacks, remains a mystery, and we can only conjecture what connection to the present it may portend.

Perhaps we may be experiencing a period of low confidence in what we are doing, and our self image may not be as healthy as it should be. It is normal to view other folk who appear to "have it together", and try to emulate them. This would be tantamount to denying your own self worth, and this will not result in a positive new direction. Rather, we can surely identify the characteristics and habits of successful people, and apply them judiciously to our own situations.

It is also quite possible that we do not know the circumstances in the lives of those we choose to admire, and may be surprised, and even shocked to learn that they are every bit like us. We do need to be careful of what we wish for. Full investigation and research is always advisable.

Occasional "check ups, from the neck up" are easy reviews of what we are doing, and why. We will find that minor adjustments, rather than wholesale changes, will put us back on track.

This is especially true regarding assessing the lives of great personages like the Founder of Aikido. My impressions have been that he had many personal challenges that he failed to meet. Historians usually focus on the success stories, ignoring the whole story of what a mortal human must experience, negotiate, and overcome to reach his goals. The truth is rarely pretty.

Have faith in the one staring back at you from the mirror. She is your best chance to navigate the intricasies you will encounter, and assist you in making the most appropriate decisions.
Francis Takahashi

Re: Some reflections

Postby Carina Rei » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:24 am

Again you found the adequate words to complement my article in a very wise way Takahashi Shihan, thank you very much for the lessons they include.
Carina Rei

Return to Open Topics