Last visit was:

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:36 am

New Year's message of gratitude

Any AAUSA & affiliated dojo news will be posted here.

New Year's message of gratitude

Postby Francis Takahashi » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:19 pm

Dear members and supporters of the Aikido Academy USA in Alhambra, along with the Aikikai Associates West Coast member dojos and affiliates.

It is with great joy and gratitude that I humbly address you all today. We are on the eve of the year 2014, which like all years past, promises much, but guarantees nothing. We remain on our own in responsibly fashioning a year of achievement according to our dreams, our commitments, and our consistent efforts to improve life for ourselves, and those we love.

Some of us have been visited with good fortune in 2013, while others have been challenged with trials, losses and altered changes to our life styles, that must somehow be dealt with, using our greatest reserves of dignity, honor, traits of character, and the deepest of faith in our fellow man. For those who depend on a higher power, I can only salute you and wish you well.

Yet, in viewing the history of this planet, we can appreciate the continuing changes that have taken place, seemingly in a cyclical manner. The whys and wherefores are best left to those who study such things. For the rest of us, myself especially, it simply means one thing. We are survivors.

So, please accept my fondest wish for a running start on the New Year, treasure your loved ones as never before, and continue to keep the faith in your destinies, in your family and friends, and most of all, in the limitless potential to achieve that you will always find in yourselves.

in oneness,

Francis Y. Takahashi
AAUSA
AAWC
Francis Takahashi

Return to AAUSA News & Information