Last visit was:

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:41 am

Congratulations on Aikikai promotiions

Any AAUSA & affiliated dojo news will be posted here.

Congratulations on Aikikai promotiions

Postby Francis Takahashi » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:55 am

Dear members and supporters of Aikido Academy USA, here in Alhambra, California.

The Aikikai Foundation, also known as Hombu Dojo, has published a preliminary posting of Dan promotions for this year's Kagami Biraki celebration. An established martial arts tradition, the purpose is to welcome the new year with enthusiasm, hope and carefully crafted ambition. Not all promotions issued at this time of year make it to this list, which is hung on the walls of the main third floor dojo area. Perhaps it can be a matter of timing, deadlines etc..

For the AAUSA, and the AAWC, we happily announce the promotions of the following individuals.
Godan: John C. Harney
Nidan: Sy Labthavikul
Shodan: Anthony Kammas

We are also pleased to have presented a Nidan certificate to Sierra Li, who was promoted in 2012.

In keeping with honoring certain proven friends of the AAUSA, we would also like to honor the following worthy individuals who also were given promotions. One is posthumous, as Kevin Choate Shihan of Chicago, Illinois passed away suddenly late last year. RIP Kevin.

Kevin Choate: Nanadan
Dennis Hooker: Nanadan
Robert Noha: Rokudan
Dennis Evans: Rokudan
Laurin Herr: Rokudan
Harold T. Champion: Rokudan
Christine Wong: Godan
Robert Poresky: Godan

We also congratulate Carina Reinhard on her promotion to Nidan, earlier in 2012.

Wishing you all a great start to a New Year, and may 2013 bring new opportunities, exciting accomplishments, and a greater appreciation for the friends we are fortunate to have.
Francis Takahashi

Re: Congratulations on Aikikai promotiions

Postby Carina Rei » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:01 pm

Congratulations to all the well deserved promotions named by Takahashi Shihan above.

I'd like also to thank you very much for your congratulations. I'm very happy about that recognition of my regular training in the past 8 years, but I'm also aware that it includes a new responsibility in the dojo towards my sensei, my dojo mates and myself by developing my aikido and spreading it as it was the wish of the Founder.
Carina Rei

Return to AAUSA News & Information